Official Rules for the Spring Back Challenge
No Purchase Necessary. A Purchase Will Not Increase Your Chances of Winning.
1. Eligibility: The Challenge is open only to individuals who are at least eighteen (18) years old, or the age of majority where they live, whichever is older. Employees of Total Life Changes, LLC (“Sponsor”), as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings, and children) and household members of those employees, are not eligible to enter.
2. Timing: The Challenge starts at 12:00 AM ET on April 1, 2021, and ends at 11:59 PM ET on April 30, 2021. See Section 2 for specific submission deadlines.
3. How to Enter:
a. Before Picture: Have someone take a Before Picture of you holding a “Join me in the Spring Back Challenge” card. The card is included in the Spring Back Kit and available for free at TheTLCchallenge.com. See the Picture Requirements below for important details. Visit TheTLCchallenge.com and follow the instructions to complete the entry form, including your starting weight, and submit your Before Picture. The Before Picture must be submitted by 11:59 PM ET on April 4, 2021.
b. Participate in the Challenge: Exercise and maintain a healthy diet for 30 days. If you purchased the Spring Back Kit to aid with your transformation, follow the instructions provided in the Kit. You can also find our Resolution Meal Plan for free Online.
c. Take an After Picture: Have someone take an After Picture of you holding an “I completed the Spring Back Challenge” card. The card is included in the Spring Back Kit and available for free at TheTLCchallenge.com. See the Picture Requirements below for important details. Visit TheTLCchallenge.com and follow the instructions to update the entry form.
d. Eligibility Requirements: In order to be eligible, you must submit your Before Picture, After Picture, and an Essay explaining your wellness journey. Please indicate your starting weight, ending weight and any measurements that may assist our judges in selecting eligible winners. The Before & After pictures and the Essay must be submitted by 11:59 PM ET on by April 31, 2021 in order to be eligible for consideration
e. Writing an Essay: Write an Essay telling us about your wellness journey. What impact did the products have on your mood and level of energy? Did you take advantage of the meal plan provided? What changes have you made in your lifestyle as a result of this challenge? Would you recommend this challenge to someone else? If so, why?
f. Picture Requirements: You should maintain good posture and avoid exaggerated specific areas of your body. The Pictures must depict your whole body (from head-to-toe), and your face must be visible. You should wear similar clothing and use a similar camera angle and lighting in the Before and After Pictures. Please make sure your Pictures do not: (i) include other people; (ii) violate anyone’s rights, including, but not limited to, copyrights or trademark rights; (iii) prominently feature any third-party trademarks or logos (other than Sponsor’s trademarks or logos); (iv) portray Sponsor or its products in a negative light; or (v) contain any content that is inappropriate or indecent.
g. Representations: By entering, you represent the following: (a) the Before and After Pictures are accurate depictions of yourself; (b) neither the Before nor After Pictures have been retouched, altered, and/or distorted in any way whatsoever; (c) your Essay is your original work and reflects your honest experience during the Challenge; and (d) you agree to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s decisions regarding the Challenge, which are final and binding. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements in these Official Rules.
4. Sponsor’s Rights to Photos and Essay: You do not transfer ownership of your Photos or Essays by entering the Challenge. However, by entering, you grant Sponsor, its agents, licensees, and assigns an irrevocable, perpetual (non-exclusive) right and permission to reproduce, encode, store, copy, transmit, publish, post, broadcast, display, publicly perform, adapt, modify, create derivative works of, exhibit, and otherwise use your Photos and Essay as-is or as-edited (with or without using your name) in any media throughout the world for any purpose, without limitation, and without additional review, compensation, or approval from you.
5. Judging: All entries will be evaluated by a panel of judges based on the following Judging Criteria: (a) percentage of weight lost; (b) level of dramatic transition illustrated in the Before and After Pictures; and (c) how inspirational the weight loss experience is. The potential winners will be contacted by e-mail. The odds of winning depend on the performance of each entrant.
6. Potential Winner Requirements: Except where prohibited, a potential winner may be required to complete and return a declaration of eligibility and a release which, among other things, confirms Sponsor’s license to use the Photos. If a potential winner fails to sign and return these documents within 48 hours, Sponsor may select an alternate potential winner in his/her place according to the Judging Criteria.
7. Prizes: One (1) First Prize winner will receive $5,000 USD; one (1) Second Prize winner will receive $2,000 USD; and three (3) Third Prize winners will each receive $1,000 USD. Any prize details not specified above will be determined by Sponsor, in its sole discretion. A prize may not be transferred and must be accepted as awarded. The winner may be responsible for paying income taxes and any other costs not listed above.
8. General Conditions: In the event that the operation, security, or administration of the Challenge is impaired in any way, Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, either: (a) suspend the Challenge to address the impairment and then resume the Challenge; or (b) award the prizes according to the criteria set forth above from among the eligible entries received up to the time of the impairment. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify and seek damages from any individual who tampers with the operation of the Challenge, violates these Official Rules, or acts in a disruptive or unsportsmanlike manner. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. Proof of sending any communication to Sponsor by mail shall not be deemed proof of receipt of that communication by Sponsor. The Challenge is subject to federal, state, provincial, and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited.
9. Release and Limitations of Liability: Except where prohibited by law, in cases of death or personal injury caused by our negligence, or fraud or breach by Sponsor of these Official Rules, by entering, you agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor, its parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, and each of their respective officers, directors, employees, and agents (the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of participation in the Challenge or use of any prize, including, but not limited to: (a) unauthorized human intervention in the Challenge; (b) technical errors related that may impede entry; (c) any claim or allegation that your Photos or Essay infringes any copyright, trademark, or any other intellectual property right; (d) lost, late, misdirected, or undeliverable mail; (e) errors in the administration of the Challenge or the processing of entries; or (g) injury or damage to persons or property. You further agree that in any cause of action, in no event shall the Released Parties be liable for attorney’s fees. You waive the right to claim any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, direct, or indirect damages.
11. Disputes: Except where prohibited, you agree that any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, the Challenge or any prize shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate court located in Detroit, Michigan. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation, and enforceability of these Official Rules, your rights and obligations, or Sponsor’s rights and obligations in connection with the Challenge, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of Michigan, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of Michigan or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than Michigan.
12. Winner Information: The name of the winners shall be posted May 5, 2021, on our Facebook page (facebook.com/tlchq).
13. Sponsor: The Challenge is sponsored by Total Life Changes, LLC, 6094 Corporate Drive, Fair Haven, Michigan 48023.